Table Of Contents
Fix Gateway Laptop Sound In Simple Steps
Here is some process to get your gateway laptop sound back try to run Windows Update -it includes the generic drivers for your sound device.
Try to clean your computer from the bugs and install a genuine antivirus and scan your full computer.
Sound device disabled/disconnected?
- Right-click the speaker icon on your task bar
- Select “Playback Devices”
- In the white empty space right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
- Do you see icons for your speakers and headphones now?
- If you now see it you may need to right click on the correct sound device and select “Set as default device”
Try to restart services.
- Type Windows + Run
- Type “services.msc”
- Look for Windows Audio and double click on it, then goto properties.
- Start-Up type should be Automatic
- Startup Status should appear Started and if not, press the start button.
- Click on Apply and OK. restart your laptop.
You can also try the Troubleshooter.
- Click ‘Start’ > Select ‘Control Panel’.
- Type troubleshooting in the top-right search field > Select ‘Troubleshooting’
- Click ‘Hardware and Sound’ > Select ‘Troubleshoot Audio Playing’ and follow the command.
Try to update/re-install driver-
- Click on Start > Control Panel
- Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Installed device
- Click to open the device, Update Driver
if not working in an update then try to uninstall your sound driver and re-install it again.
then Reboot your system.
Try to add device by manually.
- Go to Control Panel, Add hardware, next
- “Yes, I’ve already connected the hardware”, next
- Scroll to the bottom of the list, choose “Add a new hardware device”, next
- “Install the hardware from a list”, next
- Choose “Sound, video and game controllers”, next
- Choose Intel, and then the Intel AC’97 Audio Controller (It is the last one on the list)
- Yes, Gateway says it’s a Conexant audio device.
- Check out this you tube video to fix the sound issue –
System restore –
if all above step is not working then try to restore your system to the point just before u lost your sound :
Start/ All the programs /Accessories /System Tools /System Restore.
🙂 I hope this will help you out to get your sound back if not then it might be the hardware issue. comment below for any other help