If your Gateway laptop wifi is not working then follow some general steps..
1- Turn Off and On your wireless devices.
Go to setting then click on pc setting.
turn off and on your wireless devices
resart your computer..
2- Go to the manufacturer of your laptop site
- Select Your Product box, Choose the correct series, Choose the correct model.
- Click the Confirm button.
- Click the Download button.
- Save the driver file on to your desktop or some other location and uninstall your driver.
- Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key in box-
- Type devmgmt.msc. click Ok.
- Unistall your network adapter WiFi driver.and restart your computer and re-install your driver run your wireless driver in your system from the download folder. Now try to connect with your WiFi with your password. it’s working if not then go to the control panel and click hardware and sound and click on device manager click on your other devices now right click on network controller and click on update this driver and click on browse from this computer and click next.
4- you can also repair your laptop by using Microsoft fix. download by this URL – http://www.reimageplus.com/lp/sxs/index.php?tracking=forum&banner=direct&adgroup=direct&ads_name=direct&keyword=direct
5- Obtain an IP address/DNS Server automatically-
. Go to Control Panel > Network Connections
. Right click on the Wireless Network Connection > click on Properties
. At the General tab, scroll down and double-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
. At the General tab, tick on Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically
Now, open Internet Explorer (Mozilla Firefox is the best) and you can surf the internet now!
update your windows click on settings and click on windows update and check windows update files for your computer install and restart your computer.
6- Troubleshoot your WiFi problem-
click on the right hand side on the arrow show hidden icon right click on WiFi icon or it looks like a TV bar and click on troubleshoot problems. follow the instruction.
if your problem is not fixed then try to reset your PC at the earlier point
if your problem is not fixed then i think your network wireless card is not working you have to purchase a new one.
i think this will help you out . please comment below for any other help
fix gateway laptop sound in simple steps
Here are some process to get your gateway laptop sound back try to run Windows Update -it include the generic drivers for your sound device.
Try to clean your computer from the bugs and install a genuine antivirus and scan your full computer..
1- Sound device disabled/disconnected?
- Right-click the speaker icon on your task bar
- Select “Playback Devices”
- In the white empty space right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
- Do you see icons for your speakers and headphones now?
- If you now see it you may need to right click on the correct sound device and select “Set as default device”
2- Try to restart services.
- Start program>run
- Type “services.msc”
- Look for Windows Audio and double click on it.
- Start Up type should be Automatic
- Startup Status should appear Started and if not, press start button.
- Click on apply and OK. restart your laptop.
3- You can also try the Troubleshooter..
- Click ‘Start’ > Select ‘Control Panel’> click on troubleshooting. or
- Type troubleshooting in the top-right search field > Select ‘Troubleshooting’
- Click ‘Hardware and Sound’ > Select ‘troubleshoot Audio Playing, ‘
and follow the command..
4- Try to update/re-install driver-
- Click on START>
- CONTROL PANEL>
- HARDWARE AND SOUND >
- DEVICE MANAGER> Installed device,
- Click to open the device, UPDATE DRIVER.
if not working in update then try to uninstall your sound driver and re-install it again.
then Reboot your system.
5- Try to add device by manually..
- Go to Control Panel, Add hardware, next
- “Yes, I’ve already connected the hardware”, next
- Scroll to the bottom of the list, choose “Add a new hardware device”, next
- “Install the hardware from a list”, next
- Choose “Sound, video and game controllers”, next
- Choose Intel, and then the Intel AC’97 Audio Controller (It is the last one on the list)
- Yes, Gateway says it’s a Conexant audio device .
- Checkout this you tube video to fix the sound issue –
6- System restore –
if all above step are not working then try to restore your system on the point just before u lost your sound :
Start/ All the programs /Accessories /System Tools /System Restore.
i hope this will help you out to getting your sound back if not then it might be hardware issue .
comment below for any other help