Hello Everyone ,
Today in this Post we will Guide you How to install and Configure D-link range extender . Folks , D-link extenders have good Rating In Comparison of Any other Wireless extender . Setting up d-link range extender is incredibly easy and simple.
Once Installed D-link range extender will increase the speed And Coverage of your wireless network . In Order to setup d-link range extender You Should Have an I.S.P Modem (Internet Service Provider ) And a main Wireless router .
Lets Get started And Help You to Setup d-link extender –
Installing D-link range Extender-
Friends , Although These Days Most of the range extenders Are Plug And Play Which Means You Can Just Setup Them in 2 minutes But those 2 minutes Can be very long if you really don’t Know the Right steps to get this Going .
Please Follow These Steps to Successful Installation of your D-link router –
- Un-box Your D-link Wireless Range extender And Plug it to the Power Outlet .
- Now Go to Your Computer Or Phone And Refresh The wireless Network List . You May See a New D-link network With Your Extender Model . Please Connect With It .
3. It May Ask For The Password Please Look at the back of Your D-link Box Or Check the D-link Configuration card That Came with With D-link range extender box . Type The password And connect with d-link extender .
Access D-link Range Extender Setup –
4. Once Connected Please Open Your Internet Browser And Type http://dlinkap.local/ In Address Bar . You Can Also Try http://192.168.0.50 To open d-link range extender setup page .
5. In Next Step It Will Ask You How to Want to setup your range extender , Please Select Manually And Hit Next .
6. Now Extender Will Auto search for Available WiFi networks Around You To Join . Please Select You Main Router Network (Existing Wireless router ) Name and Click Next
7. Type the password of your existing Router And Click Next to Continue . Now Your Extender Will Try to communicate with your router And if your Password is connect Than d-link range extender will be connect to your router .
8. Once Can change And Configure Network name (SSID) And Network Password In Next Step . You Can also Adjust The Security And Disable the Guest wireless .
9. You Can also Enable And Disable 5 GHz networks For Gaming Proposes . At Last Apply And Save the Settings for extender to work .
10. Congrats Your D-link Range extender has Been configured . Now You Can Restart your d-link range extender and start Using Better Speed And Solid Connectivity throughout You Home .
Dear Folks If You still have Problem setting up D-link extender Please Try installing your extender Using the Ethernet Cable .
Read More D-link Range Extender Setup And Configuration Manual
Setup D-link Range Extender With Cable –
Friends Sometime Few People Find Installing Extender Hard Without Cable So Checkout This Option Also for Installation of D-link wireless Extender –
- Place Your D-link Range Extender Near to Your Main Router And Plug Your Extender to Power Source And Turn it On .
- Connect Your D-link Extender With Computer Using Internet Cable TO Any LAN port On Existing Router .
Note – While Installing d-link Extender With Cable Your Main router Should Be On But your Computer Should Be Disconnect (Wired Or Wireless Both ) From your Main router .
- Open Your Internet Browser Like Chrome, Firefox Or Internet Explorer and type http://dlinkap.local/ Or Use IP address http://192.168.0.50 In Your Browser Address And Press Enter .
- Now Follow The Instruction Given Above And Configure Your Extender . After Setup Restart All Devices .
- Please Place Your Extender Anywhere Midway between Your Router AND Wireless Clients .
Now You Can Connect All your Device With D-link extender . Hope this Helps to fix your D-link extender .
Please Comment Below And Let Us Know If You Need any other help to setup D-link Range Extender .
Thanks For Reading At Fixingblog.com
Welcome to Fixingblog.com
While You are Reading this Post We are Quite Sure You are having problems connecting Your Devices With Dlink router
Maybe you Forgot the password Or May be you want to Reset Password In Dlink Router for Security Reasons .
We will Guide You step by step to Reset Password In your Dlink router . after Reset will also Help You to setup a New Password On your Dlink Router .
Welcome to fixingblog.com
Wireless Routers Are very Important part of our daily life . Sometime For changing the settings we need to Login to Dlink router
how to open d-link router Setup page –
Follow these steps to Open dlink router Setup page .
D-Link WiFi router configuration–
1- connect the power adaptor to the back panel of the wireless router.
plug the adaptor into an ac outlet
check the power led light in your router.
2- now open the your internet browser
(chrome,opera,explorer,Mozilla etc.) type the default gateway address 192.168.0.1 or 1.1 in the address bar of your browser and hit enter.
3-Router appear a pop up message on your screen like your
password- admin or leave your password blank. or you can see the dafault username or password back of your router.
now you are on your router setup page you can make changes in your router setup page..
welcome to fixingblog.com
setup dlink router in easy steps-
Here are some step to configure and setup dlink router –
1- Open any web browser on your computer.
2- Enter .192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
3- Enter “admin” as the User Name, and leave the Password field blank.
4- Click the “Setup Wizard” button.
5- Click the “Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard” button
6- Create an administrator password.
7- Set your timezone.
8- Select your internet connection type. (Most home users who connect via cable or DSL will select the first option (“DHCP Connection”)
9- Click the “Clone Your PC MAC Address” (if empty).
10- Save your settings. Click the “Connect” button to save your settings. your router will reboot, which may take one to two minutes.
now you are connected with network Test the connection.,
step 2- Creating a Wireless Network
1- Log into your router. Enter 192.168.0.1 into the browser window of a computer connected to the router via Ethernet.
2- Click the “Setup” tab.
3- Click the “Wireless Settings” menu in the left frame.
4- Check the “Enable Wireless” box.
5- Enter a name for the network. Give your network a name,
6- Select “WPA2” as the “Security Mode”.
7- Create a strong password and please remember it or wrote it down somewhere because you will need it after setup .
8- Click the “Save Settings” button.
9- restart the router after setup dlink router and wait for 1 min .
Now your wireless network is active, you can connect your all devices to wireless network .
Tips and Tricks to setup dlink router –
- you can setup dlink router just by conneting with modem with ethernet cable .
- we always recommend reset the dlink router if it is old router .
i hope this will help you setup dlink router. Please comment below and let us know if you need any other help .
thanks for reading at fixingblog.com
Hello folks ,
Welcome to fixingblog.
Friends, i have used dlink router for almost 3 years . it worked Great but sometime it was overheating and some other issues . but after that it worked like charm .
d-link is a know brand and they make router for long run . but Once in while You can have this problem in any wireless router .
In this post we will help you to Troubleshoot the dlink wireless router and Get the router working again .
Why dlink router not working ?
folks this a know and common issue . Sometimes it happens due to ip address misplace from one device overlap to another device for getting router work
or maybe you just need a restart on your devices .
follow these steps –
Basic steps before you continue-
before you continue and be ready with full attention to fix dlink router try these normal steps –
- Reboot Your modem and wait for 1 min .
- than reboot your router and wait for 2-3 min
- make sure modem to router connection and cable is connected .
- Try connecting the modem with computer directly just to make sure internet service provider (Modem ) side giving you internet .
If not, reset the router. The reset button for the router is located in a small hole in the case of the router. Using a tooth pick press the button and hold for ten seconds.
Note resetting the router will return it to it’s Out of the Box state. You will need to reconfigure the admin password, and any settings you have made to the router.
Reboot your PC’s and connect to the internet.
Learn – how to setup d-link wireless router ?
i hope this will help you .
Let’s verify if you have all the network cables and connections plugged into the proper Ports.
your router is connected with modem using a ethernet cable .
In simple words first port of your router (mostly yellow port) has to be connected with the WAN port of your modem .
Your computer needs to be wired to the LAN Port of your router. Choose a different LAN Port to see if there’s an issue with the Port that you’re using.
Now Please try rebooting the computer and router .
if that did not help
You can also try doing mac cloning depending on your Internet service provider . see if that helps
Who is your Provider? please contact With internet service provider see if they can help you .
Please comment below and let us know if you have any other problem with dlink router .
we thank you for reading at fixingblog.com