Welcome to fixingblog.com
Why Netgear router is blinking orange? –
As you know every machine can have problems and Netgear router blinking orange means the internet is not coming to the router.
- Call first your Internet Services Provider (ISP) to check your Internet connection or you can try to connect the computer with modem to check the connection.
- The orange blinking light tells you, you have not got an internet connection. Check the settings on the router also.
- Most of the time a simple restart can fix this problem.
- Please reboot your modem and Netgear router.
Check your router firmware –
after checking the internet connection first thing you should try updating the Netgear router if you log into the router page.
- if not then try to reset your router using the reset key.
- Plug the power outlet to Netgear router and press the reset key and hold for 40 seconds.
- Now Restart the Netgear router and modem.
- for auto, setup downloads Netgear genie and follow the steps.
Manual Netgear setup follow –
- Open a web browser and type in the address bar 192.168.1.1
- Enter your username admin (default) and password =password and hit enter.
- And Now click on no I want to configure the router myself click next
- Open a page like the name of basic settings
- Click Yes on internet connection require a login.
- In encapsulation select PPPoA(PPP over atm)
- Then enter your login username which is provided you by your ISP
In the internet, IP address click get automatically from ISP
Domain Name Server DNS address click get automatically from ISP
Enable net and click apply
- Now click on wireless security
- Under wireless security
- Name your ssid (network name )
- Select region
- Select channel 11 and leave it as it
- Mode select auto 108 mbps
- Under wireless access point check mark on allowing broadcast of name ssid and enable wireless access point.
- Now click on security type and put your password.
- Remember your username and password to login your WiFi network..
and click on apply
- Now reboot your router and modem see if that works
I hope this will help you out to fix Netgear router blinking orange