Welcome to fixingblog.com
Today in this post we help you learn how to setup a Dlink wireless router with your internet Modem. we have Gathered all the needful information & easy methods so you can install the Dlink router without any trouble. Please read the post till last and Get it configured.Now some of the information you need first hand before starting the installation process-
- Internet Modem with an active internet connection.
- Computer or smartphone with Full Browser.
- an extra internet cable in case you want a Cable setup.
- power source to power router and modem.
Table Of Contents
connect the modem with the router using the internet cable. cable should be connected worm Wan port of the Modem to internet port of Dlink wifi router.
Connect Computer with the router using the internet cable Or You can Connect with Dlink router using the dlink wifi network. Go to your computer and refresh the network and see a new dlink wifi network. Connect with it then follow the steps further.
- Open any web browser on your computer.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- Enter “admin” as the User Name, and leave the Password field blank.
- Click the “Setup Wizard” button.
- Click the “Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard” button.
- Create an administrator password.
- Set your time zone.
8- Select your internet connection type. (Most home users who connect via cable or DSL will select the first option (“DHCP Connection”)
9- Click the “Clone Your PC MAC Address” (if empty).
10- Save your settings. Click the “Connect” button to save your settings. your router will reboot, which may take one to two minutes.
now you are connected with network Test the connection.,
Creating a Wireless Network
1- Log into your router. Enter 192.168.0.1 into the browser window of a computer connected to the router via Ethernet.
2- Click the “Setup” tab.
3- Click the “Wireless Settings” menu in the left frame.
4- Check the “Enable Wireless” box.
5- Enter a name for the network. Give your network a name,
6- Select “WPA2-psk” as the “Security Mode”.
7- Create a strong password and please remember it or wrote it down somewhere because you will need it after setup.
8- Click the “Save Settings” button.
9- restart the router after setup the Dlink router and wait for 1 min.
Now your wireless network is active, you can connect you all devices to a wireless network.
- you can setup a Dlink router just by connecting with a modem with an ethernet cable.
- we always recommend resetting the dlink router if it is the old router.
- Reset dlink router and get it setup again.
😉 we hope this will help you setup a Dlink router. Please comment below and let us know if you need any other help.
🙂 Thanks for reading at fixingblog.com