Hello everyone, Welcome to Fixingblog.com
Today in this post we help you learn how to setup a Dlink wireless router with your internet Modem. we have gathered all the needful information & easy methods so you can install the Dlink router without any trouble. Please read the post till last and Get it configured.
Table Of Contents
connects the modem with the router using the internet cable. the cable should be connected worm Wan port of the Modem to internet port of the Dlink wifi router.
Now some of the information you need firsthand before starting the installation process
- Internet Modem with an active internet connection.
- Computer or smartphone with Full Browser.
- an extra internet cable in case you want a Cable setup.
- power source to power router and modem.
Connect Computer with the router using the internet cable Or You can Connect with the Dlink router using the dlink wifi network. Go to your computer and refresh the network and see a new dlink wifi network. Connect with it then follow the steps further.
- Open any web browser on your computer.
- Enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
- Enter “admin” as the User Name, and leave the Password field blank.
- Click the “Setup Wizard” button.
- Click the “Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard” button.
- Create an administrator password.
- Set your time zone.
Connect Computer with the router using the internet cable Or You can Connect with Dlink router using the dlink wifi network.
Go to your computer and refresh the network and see a new dlink wifi network. Connect with it then follow the steps further.
Read More about How to Fix Dlink router Not working
Creating a Wireless Network
1- Log into your router. Enter 192.168.0.1 into the browser window of a computer connected to the router via Ethernet.
2- Click the “Setup” tab.
3- Click the “Wireless Settings” menu in the left frame.
4- Check the “Enable Wireless” box.
5- Enter a name for the network. Give your network a name,
6- Select “WPA2-psk” as the “Security Mode”.
7- Create a strong password and please remember it or wrote it down somewhere because you will need it after setup.
8- Click the “Save Settings” button.
9- restart the router after setup the Dlink router and wait for 1 min.
Now your wireless network is active, you can connect you all devices to a wireless network.
- you can setup a Dlink router just by connecting with a modem with an ethernet cable.
- we always recommend resetting the dlink router if it is the old router.
- Reset dlink router and get it setup again.
😉 we hope this will help you setup a Dlink router. Please comment below and let us know if you need any other help.
🙂 Thanks for reading at fixingblog.com