Hello Linksys Users,
Do You Have Problem With Your Linksys Wireless Router?
If Yes Then this is the perfect guide for you to get your Linksys wireless router working again in easy and quick steps –
Linksys router is been darling of thousands of internet users & reviews of the products are great.
Linksys product quality and durability are considered to be good but just like any other device, there are always chances of glitch.
understand that there could be multiple reason that could prevent Linksys wifi router to work so first, let’s find out what could cause your Linksys router to stop working.
Why Linksys router is not working?
- Linksys Router Has Lost Internet Connectivity From Modem.
- misplaced or overheating Linksys wifi router.
- Linksys Router Firmware Is Outdated or corrupted.
- recent settings override or incorrect Linksys router configuration.
- faulty cable connection, firewall or antivirus software blocking internet
You can contact free router assistance anytime you need help with your Linksys router. Now to begin any router troubleshooting you must follow the basic troubleshooting first.
basic Linksys router troubleshooting
- Try doing the power cycle (Restart) Your Modem, Computer, Router and see it works for your Linksys Wireless Router.
- check your modem (internet provider service ) to make sure the internet light is on.
- make sure cables from modem to router is connected properly.
- update the latest version of firmware of Linksys wifi router.
If Your Linksys wireless router is Still Not Working or giving you an issue to connect with any device in the home. Please Read Further –
Note- Reset should be the last option and only be used when you are sure the problem is with the router.
Reset Linksys Router-
any wireless home router can be reset & restored back to factory settings. resetting the Linksys router to default settings may help you solve the problem.
there are 2 options to reset the Linksys router but in case of Linksys not working we are left with hard reset choice. please follow the steps till last-
- plug the Linksys router to power outlet and turn the power on.
- locate the reset key at the back or below of the Linksys router.
- Now please just reset the Linksys router using the reset key at the back of your Linksys wireless router.
- Just press the reset key using paper-clip or Pen and Hold for like 20-30 seconds.
- when you see all lights flashing on Linksys router let the reset key go
- restart the Linksys router along with the modem.
now your Linksys router should be back to factory default settings & it can be configured in just the simple way.
to Install the Router again follow how to setup Linksys router after the reset
Setup Linksys router With the modem
after the reset, your Linksys router will go back to a not configured, unsecure device. please follow steps further to setup and password protect the Linksys router.
connect Linksys router with the cable modem using an ethernet cable and plug the Linksys router to the power outlet then turn it on.
once you connected Linksys router with modem please connect it with your computer or phone (Device for Configuration)
- Now you can see an unsecured Linksys wireless network in the network list of your computer and please try to connect with it.
- Please type 192.168.1.1 on the top of the browser (URL)of your computer to login Linksys router
- Go to the Wireless tab, under the basic Wireless Settings enable wireless, enter your unique SSID( Network Name).
- It is recommended that 1, 6 and 11 channels are good to select because they don’t overlap after that enable wireless Broadcast SSID.
- Then under Wireless, click at wireless security and do like the following image.
It should work if Linksys is still not working try contacting ISP or the Free Router assistance.
See if that works and solves the problem in the router. let me know if you need any other help with your Linksys wireless router. you can always setup linksys range extender to extend the speed and connectivity of your Linksys router for better performance.
Troubleshooting Tips For Linksys Router –
- Please do not over reset Linksys wifi router, again and again, it May Cause Hardware problems in Router.
- While setting the Linksys wireless router 2nd time please do not use the same SSID (NETWORK Name) and Password (WIRELESS PASSWORD).
This seems to help a lot (personal experience )
- Please do not reset the Modem in any case that will not help to solve this problem.
- update Linksys router firmware to the latest version available for a smoother connection.
We Hope This Will Help You To Fix Linksys wireless router.
Please comment below & let us know if your Linksys router is still not working Or any other issue With Linksys Wireless Router.
We Thank You For Reading At Fixingblog.com