Welcome to fixingblog.com
Fix laptop touchpad issue –
Most of the time this problem comes when you have a new update or you may have some driver missing
Here are some steps to fix your touchpad issue-
1-Enable your touchpad by key-
If your laptop has a function key that enables/disables the touchpad. by pressing it Fn key + F5, Fn + F6 .
2- Touchpad devices enable or disable-
- Click on start
- Click on settings
- Go to the devices
- Click on mouse and touchpad
- scroll down
- Click on additional mouse go to mouse properties.
- Click on devices.
See there if the touchpad is disabled then select it on enable mode.
3-Update your drivers-
- Press Windows key + r key together.
- Type in the Run dialog box- devmgmt.msc
- Enter and go to Mice and other pointing devices.
- Find your touchpad driver and Right-click on your touchpad driver and Click Update Driver Software…
If not working then-
- Go to the device manager again.
- Un-install your touchpad driver – By right-click on your touchpad driver or press windows key + r key.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the Run box.
- Un-install your driver.
- Download your touchpad driver by your laptop brand name and model no. through manufacturer site.
Install it again on your computer.
Here some video tutorial-
4- Reset your windows-
- If the above steps are not useful or working then try to restore/reset your windows the earlier point when it works-
- Press Windows key + r key together and type in the run dialog box – rstrui.exe
- Choose a different restore point and Click next
- Choose the back date of your restore point when your touchpad is working.
Click next and follow the instructions.
For more Help read here – https://www.cnet.com/how-to/fixing-windows-10-touchpad-problems/
I hope now your touchpad is working.