Welcome to Fixingblog.com
folks there are many things that makes Your computer shouting strange and loud . let it be any device laptop Or desktop Nobody like a loud and strange computer .
lets understand the problem completely .
Few Problems and their solutions –
Fan is Making Weird sound-
The hard drive’s death rattle-
Strange BIOS beep Codes –
unhealthy speaker sounds –
Flickering sound coming from computer –
lets be a doctor for now and get this sick computer fixed .
there are few types of weird sound problems and their solutions-
Fan is Making Weird sound –
Fan is considered to be a cooling device plugged in laptop or desktop . it keeps the temperature low you can process or other components don’t get burn out .
follow steps to fix fan loud or strange sound –
- Use a blower to make sure its dust free (blow the air inside the computer while its powered off )
- remove some startup programs and unwanted programs to make sure its not overheating .
- Apply some thermal paste on C.P.U . it will cool down the computer .
- Checkout the power settings . you may want to adjust the power settings to power saver mode .
- please check the power supply and voltage .
- after all this go to the local technician if not solved .
Fix The hard drive’s death rattle-
this problem is coming with older hard drives mostly .its a less known issue with new solid state drive . but whenever this happen it gets frustrating .
if you hear strange sounds like flickering ,krrrr krrrrr or may be constant whistle sound or vibration that means something is wrong .
- before we start Please Backup Your full Data .
- you can also use any Free Online backup service to backup your data .
- Please Run a SFC SCAN . Please Open the computer . click on windows icon and type CMD and you can see command prompt right click on it and run as administrator .
- type sfc /scannow and hit enter . Wait for 10 min so it can scan the hard drive .
Use Disk Defragmenter Or Cleaner to clean the Hard drive
To organise the hard drive files or clean the corruption you must need a tool to remove junks and organise the computer files .
there is default feature in windows that can help you to defragment the hard drive .
- Click the windows icon and type disk defragmenter .
- please click on the program and select the drive .
- analyze the full hard drive and backup drives also .
- now click on defragmenter and let is defrag the hard drive .
- if all this did not work upgrade or replace the hard drive .
- for more follow these steps to get the computer clean Top 10 tricks(Quick And Smart steps) to Speedup your windows computer see if this helps .
for more computer strange sound issues keep reading and fix the Computer Making Weird Noise .
Strange and loud BIOS beep Codes –
whenever you start the windows computer it runs a test Called POST And in result it will tell you all about computer status in beep codes .
Bios beep codes are like media reporters who tell you all about computer health . its a tool that will inform you about diagnose report of your computer .
We will guide you to trouble shoot computer beep codes . please follow the steps –
- Some of the beep codes are here –
- 1 Beep – Refresh Failure
Reseat/replace memory, troubleshoot motherboard.2 Beeps – Parity Error
Reseat/replace memory, troubleshoot motherboard.3 Beeps – Memory Error (first 64KB)
Reseat/replace memory.4 Beeps – Timer Failure
Troubleshoot motherboard.5 Beeps – Processor Failure
Troubleshoot CPU, motherboard.6 Beeps – Keyboard Controller Failure
Troubleshoot keyboard, motherboard.
7 Beeps – Virtual Mode Exception Error
Troubleshoot CPU, motherboard.
8 Beeps – Display Memory Failure
Trouleshoot graphics card, motherboard.
9 Beeps – ROM BIOS Checksum Failure
Replace ROM BIOS, troubleshoot motherboard.
10 Beeps – CMOS Shutdown Register Failure
11 Beeps – L2 Cache Failure
Troubleshoot L2 cache, motherboard.
Continuous Beeps – Memory or Video Failure
Troubleshoot memory, graphics card, motherboard.
- Source – internet and http://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/38515/beep-codes follow this link for more beep codes .
See and select your beep code and see if you can get this fix according to your beep code . this will fix Computer Making Weird Noise .
Unhealthy speaker sounds –
while your computer speaker is making this strange weird sound you can try these steps –
- if its the external speaker i have a strong sense that you have plugged the speaker wrong .
- disable all enhancement from playback speaker . use the sound manager settings (right click on sound icon in computer >playback device>speaker>Properties and disable all enhancement .
- make sure you check the cable and made the right connection .
- lower down the volume . make sure its not 100 % volume .
- adjust the sound settings and sound mode also using the sound manager .
- Checkout the power supply also .
for issue like sound coming from motherboard or other components of your computer please follow –
Flickering sound coming from computer –
when you hear strange flickering sound coming out your computer if may want to follow some steps –
- use air blower to clean the junks and dust from your computer .
- update your computer with latest drivers .
- Check the power out and power supply.
- make sure its not overheating and adjust the power settings using control panel .
for any other help and support please comment below and let us know .
we thank you for reading at fixingblog.com .