Is your PC facing any threat from Norton Antivirus? If yes, then this article will help you in regaining your PC from such antivirus in a very easy way. You must be facing auto-update or download issues in your PC that may reduce the performance of the window. To get rid of such issues you must follow certain steps to disable the Norton Antivirus.
Let’s explore the following steps in different windows and systems to disable the Norton Antivirus Software.
Table Of Contents
How to disable Norton Antivirus on Windows
Here are the steps to proceed to turn off the Norton Antivirus from Windows 10.
Step -1: Search for the Norton security from the taskbar.
Step -2: Select the option ‘Disable Auto Protection.
Step -3: Choose the duration of the windows security and request the disabling of Norton Antivirus software.
Step -4: The above three steps help you to turn off the Norton Antivirus from Windows 10.
Disabling of Norton Antivirus Firewall
Sometimes this antivirus prevents downloading other software that you need to disable this Antivirus to protect your computer from external threats like the Internet.
Following are the steps followed by some corporations to turn off the Norton Antivirus Firewall:
Step -1: Click on the taskbar, there you will find the Norton Antivirus software notification.
Step -2: From the menu option choose ‘Disable Smart Firewall’ and disable it.
Step -3: You need to mention the time duration to turn off the Norton Antivirus Firewall to confirm the process.
Step -4: Once the confirmation is done the Antivirus is disabled.
The alternate way that you can choose this method is to turn off the Norton Antivirus Firewall.
Step -1: Click on the setting of the Norton Antivirus to turn off the Firewall.
Step -2: Click on the setting menu and choose the ‘Firewall’ option.
Step -3: From the drop-down list choose ‘General Settings.
Step -4: Select the turn-off or disable the option of the Norton Antivirus.
Step -5: Press on the Apply icon and mention the time duration you need to turn off the Norton Antivirus Firewall features.
Step -6: Select the Ok option and the process to turn off the Antivirus is finished.
Turn off the Norton Antivirus on Mac
Here are the steps to turn off the Norton Antivirus on Mac.
- Click on the Symantec Solution option and search Symantec uninstaller from your Mac application
- Select the above option and double-click on it to uninstall.
- From the list choose Norton Antivirus.
- Select the turn-off or disable option on Mac and wait for confirmation.
Mention your password and name a press on the ‘ok’ option to confirm your turn-off option and the process ends here successfully. Restart the PC and proceed with the installation process.
How to turn off the Norton Antivirus Temporarily
Disabling the Norton Virus for a short period is not a threat to your PC. To install other software Norton antivirus, need to be uninstalled to provide room for other required software.
Here are the following steps to turn off the Norton Antivirus temporarily on Windows.
- Press the Norton Antivirus taskbar from your windows.
- Select the right-click of the Norton antivirus.
- A list of security options will display on your screen.
- Click on ‘Disable Firewall’.
- Choose the ‘Disable Antivirus Auto-Protect’ option.
- Mention the time duration to disable the Norton Antivirus.
After following the above step your PC will be turned off temporarily the Norton Antivirus Software.
How to turn off the Norton Antivirus completely
To completely disable the Norton Antivirus software, you must follow the following steps:
- Press the Norton security from the notification bar.
- Click on the menu and choose the ‘Disable Auto-Protect’ option.
- A security page will pop up on the screen.
- Mention the time duration to turn off the Norton Antivirus and choose the permanent option
- Select the ‘OK’ option to get confirmation to turn off the Norton Antivirus Software completely.
you can also use these guides to completely uninstall norton antivirus.
After following such a process, you can turn off the Norton Antivirus for Mac and Windows temporarily and permanently.