Clean and Speed up Slow mac computer-
welcome to fixingblog.com
by the time every computer mac or windows gets slow and we have to understand how we can get the best performance from our machine .
for this topic lets concentrate only on mac computers and how to Clean slow mac computer.
Understanding why mac is slow –
- it has some junks and cookies , temp files , toolbar in browser or may be corrupted codes inside it .
- few most used programs are outdated and need to be updated
- load of start up programs can also make it very slow
- use activity monitor to see which program is making it more slow
- your mac computer is very old like more than 6-7 years you may have to upgrade the R.A.M memory .
- Your hard drive need some disk clean up . please remove all unnecessary big files and use ccleaner to clean up the hard drive and speed up the mac computer and also wipe out free space on hard drive .
- Un-install all unwanted programs and application for better performance .
How to Clean slow mac computer-
in order to clean slow mac computer first you need to close all programs and restart the computer
- download ccleaner for mac and run it (its free to use )
- Close safari or the browser that you use and remove all unwanted toolbar.
- disable all start up programs that you don’t use they make your computer slow .
- time to time apple release there software update to maintain and fix bugs inside there operating system . please download the latest updates for your operating system
- disable all the visual and animation effects to Get better performance .
- you can also reduce Transparency by going system Preferences >Accessibility> Reduce transparency check the box and save the settings .
if all this did not work you can also try doing a reset on https://fixingblog.com/quick-steps-reset-mac-computer-factory-settings-version/
Few More tips and tricks to speedup slow mac computer –
- please reboot your mac computer once a day
- you can also add some more R.A.M for good performance .( we recommend minimum 2-4 G.B )
- Please clear space from hard drive as much as you can . only remove those big files that you don’t use .
- Mac computer auto-defrags big files you can adjust the settings .
- you can turn off encryption also that will also help you to increase the speed of your mac computer . but Know the risk disabling encryption will put your computer on risk when its stolen . click on Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy. here you can see file vault Tab on top . once you click on lock button it will ask you user name and password . than turn off the file Vault and please save the settings and restart the mac .
see if all these steps helps and make your computer fast .
for more steps please comment below and let us know any other issue with your computer .
we thank you for reading at fixingblog.com