Hi there, installing a printer should be easy and in this post, we help you do just that. in this guide, we help you with kodak printer setup and configuration with wifi network. Please follow the post till last and get your kodak printer installed connected with wifi and start printing.
Table Of Contents
Prepare for Kodak Printer Setup
if you have used any other printer in past please remove the printer driver from the computer and remove it from the added printer list to avoid any conflict while installation.
these days most printers are wifi enabled and it’s best to connect kodak printer to wifi for best practice on installation. you can setup the printer without connecting to wifi but we do recommend connecting the printer to wifi before moving towards setup.
Note- Make sure you connect the printer to the same wifi network as your computer is connected.
- The first thing you do is to unbox the printer, connect all cables such as power cable USB cables as instructed in the manual that came with it.
- insert ink cartridge and paper ready to print inside the printer and make sure everything is properly inserted.
- you don’t need usb cable when you have already connected the wifi router with printer for wireless setup.
- Turn on the Printer and computer and lets get started.
Kodak Printer Setup & installation
- go to your computer and open the internet browser
- open the official kodak website or go to download kodak driver
- type the product model of your kodak printer and download the driver.
- now run the application and follow the onscreen instractions choose language.
- most printer driver will auto add the printer with computer while installing the driver and sync the devices.
- select region, Language and agree with terms and conditions.
- when you choose wifi connection please select your wifi network and type the wifi password to connect the printer with wifi
- finish the installtion and print a test page to make sure the printer is configured, congrates.
You can also use a method to connect the printer with the computer.
- connect your printer to your laptop with USB cable and run your printer driver from your computer.
- Now follow the instruction just like you above just select usb method of installtion when asked.
The other way to manually add your printer
- Go to the computer and Click on start
- Type at the search (Printers & Scanners)
- once the menu open Click on add a printer
- Now click on add a local printer by USB-
- Don’t do anything you can choose use an existing port.
- click on next.
- Now you can see there a list of your manufacturer printer.
- Select your printer brand name and now choose printer model no.
- If you are not able to see your printer model no. then perform the windows update.
- Click on next and than Name your printer Click next.
- Now click on a print test page to check out your connection that is connected to your printer.
- Click on finish.Check your printer is working or not.
- If your printer is not working then right click on your printer icon and click on troubleshoot.
Make as your default printer
- Go to the computer and and click on start and type printers and scanners.
- now you will see the all printers added to the compter, please select your kodak printer and click on set as default Printer
- exit the settings and you are good to go.
It will fix the problem connection between your printer and laptop.
For more help watch this video-
if you want to see how to install in windows 10 see this.
we hope this information will help you and if you still have any issues with kodak printer setup please leave the comments and let us know we will write back asap.