Not an expert? Don’t know how to edit videos or own a video studio; do not worry. We have it all sorted out for you. With the right piece of video editing software, you can turn video editing from a long frustrating task to a pain-free one.
The video editors we have recommended in this guide are full of incredible features that will turn your footage into celluloid GOLD. Read on to discover the best video editing software for your needs.
- Wondershare Filmora video editor: It is an all-in-one home video editor that has powerful functionality and a fully stacked feature set. Filmora is a solid app that gives you the features and styles that have been previously only available to professional filmmakers that have a certain level of experience.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC: One of the best video editing software for Windows and Mac. Includes multi-cam editing, 3D editing, unlimited video tracks- which can be imported from pretty much any source you can think of: files, tapes, cameras of all standards, and even VR and excellent automatic functions. It is best for both professionals and beginners.
- Final Cut Pro X: This is the finest video editor you can get for your Mac. Provides multi-cam editing, intelligent color balancing, and unlimited video tracks. It is easy to use and jam-packed with so many useful features- definitely worth the high price tag. Key features include grouping tool, effect options and an easy way to add and edit audio.
- Corel VideoStudio Ultimate x10: This is one of the best windows video editing software for beginners. Provides real-time effects, color correction. It is really easy to pick up, is relatively inexpensive and includes a nice selection of features. There’s multi-cam editing, 4K video support, 360-degrees VR video support, a music library and loads of effects, to name but a few. Not bad at all for the price.
- Lightworks: It is another professional video editing suite used by people working on major Hollywood productions. So it’s exciting that there’s a free version that makes it accessible to everyone. It is compatible with Windows and Mac OS X. Provides multi-Cam editing and project sharing for groups.
Amazingly, in the free version, you get nearly all the features; the main restriction for the free license version is the output formats – you can only export a web compatible file at 720p. If you want to export a few projects into a different format fairly cheaply, you can buy a one-month license. What you’re getting is a fast and very powerful editor with a superbly designed timeline. It does everything you can imagine a big production needs it to, with great hardware and video format support, and powerful project sharing so many people can work together easily.
- Hitfilm Express: Powerful video editor for Windows and Mac with add-ons to suit your needs. Provides 2D and 3D effects compositing and the good range of import formats.
It’s capable of producing feature films or music videos with 3D effects, but it’s also good for making videos for YouTube, as direct uploading is built in. The free version of Hitfilm Express contains everything you need to make a professional-quality production, but in some cases, you’ll benefit from expanding its capabilities by purchasing some of the add-on features.