Gmail is the biggest email service powered by Google. The fanbase is spread over many countries all over the world. Gmail is one of the most used services for email exchange. In this world of fraud and laundering securing your Gmail account should be your biggest priority. In this article, we are trying to make every aspect of security clearance to you so that you can be relieved of your stress regarding the security.
1. The most basic step that you can take is to enable the new 2 step verification method introduced by Google. Although its time-consuming at the initial step believe that it is for your own safety. Complete all the steps and processes required in the 2 step verification.
2. Having an easy password to log in may seem good to you but password tweaking is the most common way of getting your account hacked. All you need to do is think smartly and come up with a password with a combination of alphanumeric and special characters. Capitalizations may also be used.
3. Keep a check on your spam emails and clear the spam section of Gmail timely. If by chance you have a spam mail in your inbox move it to spam immediately without opening,
4. Never keep your Gmail password and other websites passwords same. Also, build a habit of changing the password timely.
5. Track your Google activity remotely in details. Never ignore the emails from google saying your account has been logged in. keep a track of your devices in which you log in to your Gmail account.
6. Keep a check on “Grant access to” to keep a tab on the websites and applications that are logged in with your Gmail account.
8. Check that your messages in the account are not being forwarded to an unknown account due to any unprotected settings.
9. Check that your emails are not being to any third person using “forward to” filter.
10. One of the best ways to increase the security of your Gmail account is to tweak with the settings of the Gmail. Enable “personal level indicators” to make sure that you receive the emails from people you intend to. Make sure only verified emails are listed under “accounts and import” tab.
11. Timely clean up your Gmail accounts of spam and marketing emails to stay clear of any wrong links received which are not safe for the security of Gmail account.
There are various threats on the internet these days which are lurking around to rip in our accounts and use our identities. We have to be smart and intelligent against these threats. Following the above-mentioned steps, you can ensure that your Gmail account remains safe and secure. Input your efforts for once in maintaining the security and use the Gmail account without being tortured for threats lurking around.