Designers, manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, buyers or users.
Present an overview of the technologies and standards in the field of the printed circuit by including the main steps of the manufacture of the rigid circuits. Correlate the constraints of the designer, the circuit board manufacturer and the cable manufacturer to optimize the choice of technology. To allow to distinguish and understand the details on the technical files or specifications.
RayMing PCB manufacturing is a leading PCB products service provider.
Apart from knowing how to read, write and count: to have quite solid knowledge in mathematics, physics to allow a good assimilation of technical information … Minimum level BAC + 2 Technique. Have a minimum of theoretical knowledge about making rigid bare cards and associated basic vocabulary. It is recommended to have attended IFTEC sessions “Electronic Cards” for novices in the field of electronic card manufacturing and “IPC-A-600 (CIS) specialist training and certification”.
Video projection Industrial samples of various technologies. Photos. Micrographic sections. A color memo is given to each participant
Printed circuit families, from the simplest to the most advanced in rigid.
The circuit board market, by family, technology and geographical area.
Manufacturing units: panorama of market players.
Standards and reference specifications in the field of the circuit.
The evolution of circuits: class, integration, components …
2 – Basic Materials
Insulation: the prepreg.
The conductor: the copper strip.
The constitution of stratified materials: their manufacture, their nomenclatures.
The general properties of the materials: thermal (Tg, Td, CTE, thermal Conductivity …), electrical (Dk, Df, resistivities) mechanical (Flexion, peel strength), and physical (Density, absorption, etc …)
The current evolution of materials
3 – Preparation of the dossier
The preparation process: study of the file, the choices, the development of tools …
The development of the tooling of a multilayer.
The processes: direct, inverse, photoresist positive and negative …
The standard range of a traditional rigid multilayer.
4 – Manufacture
Flow of a standard range of multilayer production. At each step will be seen: the criteria of realization of the tools, the equipment, the possible process (es), the parameters, the characteristics to guarantee as well as the controls products and processes.
a – Surface preparation
b – Realization of internal layers:
– Image transfer
– Stripping etching
– Controls and AOI
– Copper treatment before pressing
c – Pressing
– Means (autoclave, vacuum press …)
– Realization external layers
– Hole cleaning
– First metallization
– Panel or Pattern?
– Image transfer
– Electrolytic reinforcement
– Stripping – etching
e – Card finishing
– The varnish saves: general properties, technologies.
– Finishes: processes, current finishes (tinning, passivation, chemical tin, chemical silver, ENIG, ENEPIG …); the criteria of choice (storage duration, handling, holding in time) and the particular case of electrolytic finishes.
– The silkscreen.
f – Machining
5 – Tests and Controls
The electrical test.
The possible controls on finished circuits (cosmetics, dimensional, thermal cycling, braziness, etc …).
6 – Specific Multilayer Circuits
Sequential construction multilayers: buried holes and blind holes.
Microvias: materials, methods of realization and control.
7 – Design
a – General
– The design procedure: transition from wiring diagram to manufacturing file.
– The specifications relating to the manufacture and equipment of the circuits.
– Design specifications.
b – Standards
– The normative requirements (graphics, mechanics).
c – Constraints and existing solutions.
The constraints to be considered during the design having an implication on the definition of the circuit: the technology, the choice of the material, the precision, the choice of the finishing coatings, in particular for the multilayers.
– Constraints related to the equipment of the cards (passage in the oven or the wave).
– Mechanical constraints (densification solutions).
– Electrical constraints (Impedance matching solutions).
– Thermal constraints (heat dissipation solutions and expansion management solutions).
– Environmental and employment constraints.
– Control constraints.
– Constraints of course.
d – The means
– The CAD
e – The technical file or specifications
– What must be found in the manufacturing file of a multilayer printed circuit?
8 – Technological Watch
Some examples of technologies in development.