Industry 4.0: Meaning, Facts, Importance
Needless to say, we live in an era where computers and various complex systems develop very fast. So, what is Industry 4.0? In our article, you will find an answer. First of all, it’s a new stage in the industrial revolution. Let’s see all the stages:
1st revolution in the industry – started with steam and water power when mechanization got development.
2nd revolution – new assembly lines and wide mass production.
3rd revolution – era of IT systems and various electronics development.
4th revolution – cyber systems development.
When computers appeared during Industry 3.0, later people started to connect these computers in networks and even make decisions without people’s access. In a result, we have smart machines to do various things with minimal involvement of people. Of course, it helped to improve factories and make production more fast and time-saving. The main power of Industry 4.0 is when machines can be connected to generate, analyze, and share various information to receive a certain result.
Applications of Industry 4.0
Nowadays, some companies can still be in doubt about how their businesses can be improved with Industry 4.0. And while they keep talking, others implement new changes to the new product to get benefits. Here are some applications of Industry 4.0:
- Looking for new opportunities. Of course, machines can operate tons of various information and look for new opportunities and variants much faster than people. With Industry 4.0, it’s possible to use machines instead of people more effectively.
- Needless to say, it can improve efficiency, optimize business, find new ways for solving problems, increase productivity, and save a lot of time.
- Improve logistics. Sometimes a shipment can be delayed by bad weather. When logistics are controlled by a smart system, it can change priorities to save time and adjust to weather conditions.
- Autonomous machines and equipment. On some yards, they use autonomous trucks and special cranes that optimize operations while containers are loaded or unloaded from ships.
- Robotics. Every organization can use various robots to improve productivity and fulfill various tasks faster without people. Needless to say, it helps to reduce the costs of the organization and saves a lot of time.
- 3D Printers. Lately, this technology became quite popular. It is used in various spheres and production and helps to save time and get quality products in the shortest time. New possibilities for 3D printing are still continuing to open.
- Internet of Things. This means all the connected devices where we store and operate various data. As a plus, all the operations can be optimized using a could. This helps to increase business opportunities, and find new ways for development.
- Artificial intelligence. Many companies use AI when they need to work with complex systems that require fast and clear decisions. Instead of people, machines can process tons of data just in seconds and provide smart solutions for business, production, security, and other spheres.
Will the Industry 5.0 Come Soon?
Of course, this question is being discussed. In a new industry, robots with AI and smart machines will allow people to make their work faster and much better. A new upcoming revolution will turn a factory into a great place where workers can get new experience and make new ideas. Needless to say, most workers will be replaced by robots to increase productivity and decrease costs.
And as for now, Industry 4.0 develops fast, and we can have the full picture only after a particular period of time. As for now, companies implement the possibilities and applications of this revolution and recruit people who have all the needed skills to work with new technologies. But we have to notice that Industry 4.0 means not only modern technologies but also shows the collaboration between people and machines using new skills from people. Of course, total automation means loss of jobs by some people and this requires their ability to take a challenge in getting new skills and knowledge to get adapted to new conditions.