if you see you desktop icons gone from your computer then this post is just for you. No need to be panic because it’s easy to troubleshoot with calm mind. please read the post till last to understand and fix the issue.
when you see desktop icons gone the first thing that comes in mind is a virus or somebody deleted it but it is also possible that its just a glitch.
to fix the issue lets start with basic troubleshooting and see where it takes us.
Table Of Contents
Fix desktop icons missing problem
Follow the steps to appear your icon on desktop in Windows 10 Or any Other version of windows.
Step 1- Right-click the desktop, select View and then click on Show desktop icons. (Make sure the option is checked)
this should Fix the Problem but just in case If icons are not appearing try other tips-
- Click on start and in the search box type “icons” you see the list, click on a show or hide common icons on the desktop.
put the checkmark on that icon which you want to see on your desktop and click Apply and then OK.
There is one more way of fixing is the desktop icon missing problem-
Click on the Start button, Go to Control Panel, then go to Appearance and Personalization.
Click on Personalization then click on change the theme on the left-hand side click on Change desktop icons
Then click the checkbox for the icons that you want to back.
Another option in Windows 7 or Vista –
To put the Computer icon on the desktop, click the Start button, and then right-click on “Computer”.
Steps to fix desktop icons in windows 8 –
Getting desktop icons back in windows 8 or 8.1 it’s a bit different than windows XP and windows vista.
- sometimes it just happens because of slow boot or it may take longer to appear please restart the computer just take your cursor to the middle of the screen and right-click on it you see view as the top option go to view and go down in view and try to see the option saying show desktop icon just check the option.
- now that small windows will disappear and this should fix your issue
- you can also try the same thing in windows 10 also.
- and if nothing works try restoring the computer to the backdate follow
Fix missing desktop icons in Mac –
if you have issues like missing desktop icons from a desktop or from a dock menu.
you can also try these steps with your Mac computer and see if this helps to solve the problem.
- try rebooting your Mac computer first you can try using finder to search for the icons you are missing
- it also possible that by mistake you have disabled the desktop feature of your Mac computer. try enabling it
- to go to the finder and open it then follow > finder>finder preference>general> here you can customize what you want to see on your desktop.
One more thing if you have changed the user name of your mac computer you might have created this problem on your own.
Just try these steps to see if this helps –
- At the left hand, top see the apple icon please click on it.
- Go to the system preference >accounts or users > rename the new username as it was before you changed it, and save the settings.
- Force quit the finder and restart the computer.
- Try updating the latest version of the operating system in your mac computer.
Please comment below and let us know if you have any other issues going on with your missing desktop icons related to windows or computers.
we thank you for reading at fixingblog.com